Construction of The Shore School Sports and Physical Education Centre began in February 2018, is currently ongoing and programmed for completion in early 2020. The project consists of a demolition/excavation phase, the main construction phase and a refurbishment of existing facilities phase.
The demolition works consist of:
- Demolition of the existing structures such as existing 1970s 25m swimming pool and diving pool, the existing gymnasium including change rooms, weights room, and two squash courts.
- Demolition of three residential flat buildings at 4 and 5 Hunter Crescent and 16 William Street.
The main construction phase consists of the construction of the following buildings to be known as the SPEC:
- Aquatic Centre accommodating a 50m indoor swimming pool (eight lanes).
- Multipurpose Sporting Complex including three basketball courts with tiered seating, gymnasium, weights rooms and other training facilities, change rooms, reception area, staff facilities and amenities, and parking and loading facilities to the ground floor.
- Additional classrooms, flexible learning spaces, seminar rooms, other teaching and staff spaces.
- Extension to the Bishop’s Gate Carpark.
The final stage of works involves the Upgrade of existing Change Room facilities in the existing BH Travers Building.
Sydney Church of England Grammar SchoolView Printable PDF