The house provides a place for the families of ill children to stay whilst they are being treated at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead.
The project includes the design and construction of a new four storey brick veneer house, covering 13,000sqm, inclusive of accommodation and a carpark. The internal communal area fitout involves a commercial and family kitchen coupled with a large dining area, an office for relocation of the existing administration team and expansive play / learning areas for the residing children and their families. In addition there will be a large external communal deck for functions and leisure activities inclusive of play equipment and a cooking area.
The integrated design helps provide the guests with a warm, homely place to stay, where all tenants can give each other moral and emotional support to get through their child’s illness.
FDC are proud to deliver this project for the Ronald McDonald House Charity.
- Design and construction of a new four storey brick veneer house
- Accommodation and a carpark
- Commercial and family kitchen coupled with a large dining area
- An office relocation of the existing administration team
- Expansive play / learning areas
- Large external communal deck for functions and leisure activities inclusive of play equipment and a cooking area
72 weeksView Printable PDF