FDC (VIC) has completed the construction of stage 1 of the Equinix data centre and office project.
Equinix connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the world’s most connected data centres in 33 markets across five continents.
The 7,000sqm project involved the completion of design from 90% to 100%, Building Information Modelling of the facility, installation of incoming HV and services from Lorimer Street and remediation of latent conditions being various types of asbestos.
Other work undertaken included the construction of structure and frame work for two data halls and the office, infrastructure for Colo 1 and 2 works, fitout and operational to Colo 1 (1,000sqm) within 9 months from starting, fitout and completion of the office and security works, preparation of Colo 2 for future fitout works.
Located at 600 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne, the project was delivered in 10 months, 3 months ahead of schedule.
FDC enjoyed working with the team at Equinix as well as Aurecon, Cox Architects and Greencap to deliver the project and are currently completing phases 2a and 3a for Equinix.
- Installation of incoming HV and services
- Remediation of latent conditions being various types of asbestos
- Construction of structure and frame work for two data halls and the office
- Infrastructure for Colo 1 and 2 works
- Fitout and completion of the office and security works, preparation of Colo 2 for future fitout works
EquinixView Printable PDF