FDC were engaged via a negotiated Construction Management agreement to deliver the new Brisbane Office for the Clemenger Group (incorporating Clemenger, OMD and GRA Cosway) in a new tenancy in Level 6, of the heritage listed 200 Adelaide Street building in Brisbane’s CBD.
The Clemenger Group Limited is the holding company of a group of companies involved in advertising and marketing communications throughout Australia and New Zealand. Clemenger and their subsidiaries operate across the marketing services spectrum with specialist companies offering clients best-of-category expertise in various disciplines.
The feature of this project was the very compressed timeframe in which to manage design from concept to construction, budgets and value management across 3 separate but inter-related business groups with a number of different operational requirements and budgets.
FDC assisted the client representative; Spitfire Control in managing stakeholder input with the additional challenges of a very limited budget as well as the restrictions on construction that are inherent in heritage buildings.
FDC is proud to have delivered this project in conjunction with Geyer Design and services consultant BSE.
- Very compressed design and construction programme (14 weeks total – 7 weeks design + 7 weeks construction)
- Restrictions on allowable works due to Heritage Building environment
- Finishes specification varied across 3 separate company areas
- Acoustic isolation of each tenancy designed and constructed with challenges posed by air conditioning and heritage issues
- Intensive value management and engineering throughout the project as design process was very restricted by time
3 weeksView Printable PDF