FDC Construction & Fitout completed the Design & Construction of ADVANXeast located at 4 Neild Avenue, Rushcutters Bay, NSW.
From its conception, the ADVANXeast project was centred on superior quality and function with the vision of transforming a fatiguing industrial site into a vibrant inner-city retail and residential precinct.
The project is comprised of three distinct towers which wrap around two communal landscape podiums. The combined towers include 132 modern apartments and are designed to accommodate a mix of dwellings for singles, couples or expanding families alike.
The ground floor consists of 1,940sqm of retail and commercial tenancies which define the Neild, McLachlan and Craigend Street frontages.
Situated in one of the Eastern Suburbs’ most visible sites, the mixed-use area combines 20th century industrial buildings with infill residential developments, highlighting the heritage significance of the industrial building ‘ADVANX’ which directly neighbours the site.
Detailed planning was undertaken on the building’s form, scale and adopted materials to ensure the project was prominent within the surrounding environment. This was achieved through the abstract shape of the building façade, intense contrast of colours, continuous paving and use of metal cladding to the building exterior. Heritage signs as well as a sculptural artwork on the green wall were incorporated to reflect the context and history of the area.
Through innovative design and engineering practices adopted during the project’s construction, many potential problems were overcome and environmental concerns mitigated. Structural engineering considerations included the design of a canter levered post tensioned slab to reduce the extent of columns on each floor plate, strategically positioned columns within each party wall to maximise apartment floor space, and transferring landscape podium loads on top of the two carpark slabs without sacrificing apartment ceiling heights.
Environmental impacts were also addressed through energy efficient glass, designing the apartments to maximise sunlight and ventilation, and by utilising recycled water for irrigation and toilets.
The project was delivered in conjunction with Lindsay Bennelong Developments and Daryl Jackson Robin Dyke Architects.
FDC Construction & Fitout previously completed ADVANX, a luxury residential project located at 12-14 Neild Avenue, Rushcutters Bay.
- The project was the first in Australia to install James Hardie® Scyon grooved fibre cement board as an external cladding system on a multi-story building. This was selected due to its appearance, aesthetics and durability.
- Use of a full continuous curtain wall glazed façade along Neild and McLachlan Avenues integrating apartment balconies and operable windows
- Maximise floor space ratio through the use of glazed breezeway louvres to create external hallways that remain weather protected.
- High quality of workmanship and meticulous detail, including double layer waterproof membrane to external balconies and bathrooms, acoustic insulation to all intertenancy walls above the BCA minimum, level floor transitions and cantilevered balcony pergolas to maintain uninterrupted views and vistas.
- High end fittings and finishes, such as detailed joinery, thickened stone benchtops, wool rich carpets and Miele appliances.
- Design of two community open space/landscape roofs with vegetation, leisure seating and mature trees.
Lindsay Bennelong DevelopmentsView Printable PDF