The Australian Broadcasting Corporation engaged FDC for a $7m consolidation/refurbishment of their existing Adelaide building. The current fit out was dated and the new fitout works incorporated a change in working culture, moving towards a flexible nature. Works included a new fitout creating collaborative working environments as well as the make good and refresh of existing floors incorporating upgrades to newsrooms, studios, amenities and entry foyer. FDC were required to refurbish and fitout the current space while maintaining daily operations including live TV and radio broadcasts. Given the sensitive nature of the ABC operations, a significant portion of the disruptive works was required to be at night.
With FDC appointed a Construction Manager we were trusted to complete the project on time/budget and to the highest quality. We compiled an energetic team to work collaboratively with all project stakeholders. This team excelled working on this complex project. FDC and the individuals involved built excellent rapport with the client and delivered a high-quality outcome and contributed to the project requirements, intended outcomes and critical success factors and how to mitigate project risks.
- Detailed programming for 6 separate stages of handover
- All works in occupied locations requiring stakeholder management and communication
- Installation of new live newsroom studios
- Hazardous materials removal under asbestos conditions
- Significant works conducted out of hours
- Detailed acoustic requirements and installations
- Upgrade to entry façade and geometric canopy design
Australian Broadcasting CorporationView Printable PDF