Foreman, Construction (NSW)
FDC’s Construction Division in Sydney is seeking experienced foremen. The main purposes of the role are to plan and monitor the work performance of Subcontractors and employees to meet project timelines, quality, cost and performance standards and to provide a safe place or work and safe work practices and methods at all times.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure perimeter fencing and FDC brand signage is displayed and maintained in a clean orderly manner throughout construction.
- Able to maintain up to date daily site records neatly and accurately
- Works to budgets set by PM including management of onsite labour
- Have a good understanding of Subcontractors scope of works and ensure Variation Instructions are not issued unless approve by the Project Manager
- Working knowledge of QA & OHS procedures and records
- Adheres to company administrative procedures
- Keep accurate records of onsite design changes/client instructions-discussions
- Maintain weekly photographic records of progress or potential delays i.e. inclement weather etc.
- Document onsite Subcontractor meetings
- The ability to adhere to, or improve upon, the construction program with minimal intervention
- Implement fortnightly programmes off Project Target Programme
- Status Contract and target programmes monthly with Project Manager
- Fortnightly Subcontractor meetings onsite
- Is proactive in organizing Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Is a ‘process’ thinker and does not just focus on the immediate task
- Manage FDC direct labour efficiently
- Does not accept sub-standard performance
- Is a good communicator
- Motivates others through a positive attitude
- Maintain a clean well presented site
To find out more about this role or to apply for this role, please submit your covering letter using the form below.
Please be advised that due to the large number of emails that we regularly receive, we regret that we are only able to contact suitable candidates.