This is one of the most challenging refurbishment and refit projects ever undertaken by FDC. Throughout the construction process, much of the Club continued operating, adding numerous complications and risks. During basement excavation, it was discovered that original foundations were inadequate and required substantial underpinning as part of a larger structural upgrade.
With FDC Technologies and FDC Mechanical engaged in respective subcontract roles, the wider FDC team were able to work collaboratively with the project team to resolve many services and integration problems. A project such as this required a high level of risk profiling, buildability knowledge, site teamwork and client management.
- Refurbishment over three levels
- Premises remained open throughout to members
- Substantial underpinning to building substructure
- FDC Technologies and FDC Mechanical assisted with this delivery
- MBA Award Winner
- 2008 Winner
- Best Club Refurbishment $10M +